Let the family fun begin - Brisbane newbie

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Let the family fun begin - Brisbane newbie

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey all, newbie from brisbane area here.

I have been a camper all my life on a fairly regular basis. Grew up camping at Elanda Point up near Noosa and spent my late teens and early twenties visiting Fraser and Stradie with football mates. Since marrying, the wife and I have prob. averaged a camping trip a year and I have indulged in some overnight hiking and kayaking trips. I have a fair amount of camping gear collected over the years including a huge Northern Star Coleman tent.

As a school teacher, I have 10-11 weeks a year in which I can potentially take my family camping. My son is now 3 and although he is not well at the moment, absolutely loved the last camping trip we went on. We also have a baby arriving in a couple of weeks and while we resisted camping with our first, until he was two, we intend to man/women up this time!!

I have been involved with some Kayak fishing forums and found them to be a wealth of information as well as providing the opportunity to talk with and meet like minded people. I have confidence this forum will be the same.

Looking forward to learning from you all and hope I can offer something n return :grin:
Mark S

Re: Let the family fun begin - Brisbane newbie

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:20 pm

G'day Mark and WELCOME to our forum. Sorry to hear your young fella is unwell.....hopefully that is short term and he can soon enjoy the outdoors and more camping with you.

The youngest bub I know of camping was 9 days old and the second was 3 weeks old.....so if that is any indication, they are never to young to start. Although with a young baby in the camp you might want to consider going to a campground where there are full amenities and power to make it a little easier initially.

Have a look around the forum.....you will find lots of great info, heaps of pix, some great adventures, funnies and some general chat as many of us have become firm friends.

You do not need to be camping to come here and chat.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dicko77 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Mark and welcome. My wife is a teacher also so we try to get away as much as we can. Our first trip with our first born was at double island and she was only two weeks old. We are heading off next week down to the Broadwater for a week then two weeks after that we are expecting our third child to be born. We then have 6 weeks down the coast at Chrissy with the new born. :beer
Cheers Dicko
dicko77
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:46 am

:hello: Welcome to the forum Mark!!!!

Heaps of info here and great pics too...

I think the younger they are the easier they adapt and by the time they are two they know the drill and love it......

My best memory of taking the kids camping when they were little was bathing them in a bucket.....they loved it!!!!!

Our eldest son has now left home (20yrs) but our two girls are still at home with us (14 & 17yrs) but their days of a bucket bath are well and truly over and they now want full facilities (when we want to spoil them)... :*** :*** :*** :*** but from years of camping they still love bush camping and wear the same clothes for days and thrive on it... :*** :*** :***

Look forward to chatting with you on the forum....

PS: Goodluck Dicko with the impending addition.. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Introductions: