Hi Everyone

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi Everyone

Postby Phil I » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:46 pm

:hello: Ummm... hope that you are ok welcoming a Pom - I do go camping in England but am currently staying with my son and his family in NSW and am totally housebound. How sad is that? :(

OH & I are planning a longer trip in a couple of years and hope to get some advice from experienced Oz campers in this forum but I'm currently discombobulated about what you guys camp in. We have a Danish Combi camp trailer tent and love it, but I can't find anything like it on Australian websites. All I can find when I google trailer tents are massive off roaders and I'm too long in the tooth to attempt "wild" camping in an (to me) alien environment. So, assume we're just too old to be wanting to pitch a tent but don't want to haul something enormous around behind us and we're not at all keen on campervans especially in the middle of unknown cities. Any ideas?
Phil I

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 pm

G'day Phil and WELCOME to our forum.....no probs at all with a 'pom' joining us, very glad to have you on board. We've had a couple of poms join us from time to time and it is always great to see how others camp.

I have read a couple of English camping mags and yes it is way different there to here. We don't have much in the way of 'wild' camping here but we do have 'bush' camping......both very different, I am sure.

Maybe you like to post a couple pics of your set up so that we know what it looks like.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Phil I » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi Gypsy Lady,
Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I don't have any sensible pics of my tt but will do my best to gather some up. I'm off home tomorrow :( and :grin: . This is a wonderful country and I'm bursting to see more of it but really miss OH.
I'm going to post on another thread as I can't stay in the welcome one forever.
Cheers
Phil
Phil I

Return to Introductions: