Another newbie

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Another newbie

Postby Dave O » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi

My name is Dave. Decades ago I lived in the Pilbara region of WA. My wife, three children and I loved camping and would do so at every opportunity. We camped at beautiful locations and met people who are still friends today. We only had an old Nissan patrol, a tent and basic camping equipment.

We moved back to Perth and our camping trips became less regular as the kids grew up. They now have kids of their own and take them away on camping weekends. Jan and I have got the camping bug again but we realize that we can no longer sleep in a tent on a camp stretcher.

Therefore we are looking at the comfort of a second hand caravan with all the mod cons. This is all new for us so I started to do some research. As a result I found this site. The forums have already proved very helpful and informative. We don't want to be restricted just to caravan parks as we would like to free camp at remote locations.

The kids and grand kids have already called it the family caravan and are nominating times they want it for. I haven't got the heart to tell them it may take up to a year before we can afford one and even then mum and I may be away in it.

The terms "Inverter generators, sola gear, absorption fridges" are all new to me so I have a huge learning curve ahead of me. I apologize in advance for any DUMB questions I may ask along the way.

Thanks in advance

Regards. Dave
Dave O

Re: Another newbie

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:08 pm

The only DUMB question is the one not asked Dave....so have no fear there.

WELCOME to our forum. Looks like you have some serious plans on the drawing board and anytime you want to chat about them we are here to hear.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lockyer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:53 am

:hello: Dave

Mate we all started somewhere and even today I hear terms that I have never heard before, you ask all the questions you want and we'll do our best to help out..

Half the fun of a new adventure is the research...

Cheers
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Postby Cheryl R » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Dave and a big welcome to you. The only way to find out information is to ask questions, no matter how silly they seem to you. Your future plans sound wonderful and hope you realise them sooner rather than later.
Cheryl R
Boy Scout

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Welcome Dave!!!! :cheers

I am in the same boat as you with the solar, invertors, blah, blah gobbildy gook......

I love camping in our Customline camper trailer and get out there whenever and where ever we can.

I usually just ask the forum members if I have any questions and usually someone knows what I am banging on about and can give me a really good answer without feeling to silly about it (which on other forums I tend to feel a little out of my depth with the techno stuff) but not here, great bunch.

Ask away..... ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Introductions: