Once a Camper.........................

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Once a Camper.........................

Postby Kerry L » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:39 pm

:hello:
After many years of missing out on the joys of camping, the New Year's resolution for 2012 is to take some short breaks over winter. It'll be different this time round - my partner & I & a dog is part of the proven 'old formula' but instead of the panel vans, then VW vans of our youth, we're looking at getting an Avan Aliner so we can keep things fairly pared back & still enjoy a few of the creature comforts!
Any advice gladly welcomed, especially on the subjects of Mitsubishi Tritons - the tow vehicle, Avans & holidaying with dogs.
Safe and happy holidaying to all!
Kerry L

Re: Once a Camper.........................

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:53 pm

WELCOME to our forum Kerry. Have a bit of a look around here and you will find lots of interesting info, some great adventures....many pics (we love pics) and some funnies as well.

We have a folder dedicated to Pets which you should also find helpful. Not sure of your location, might be good if you give us some idea of where you are located and then members in that area can give you some more specific info.

Cheers Gypsy
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Kerry L » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks for your warm welcome, GL. We currently live on the Mornington Peninsula - beautiful most of the year, overrun by townies at the moment! We've done a lot of traveling up & down the east coast of Oz over the years, venturing as far north as Cooktown. Whilst we'd like to return to some of our favourite haunts (such as the south coast of NSW) we are also keen to do a few short 'inland' trips around the Goldfields & Murray regions and a lazy tour from Vic via the Great Ocean Road around the coast of S.A. & along the W.A. coast.
This is a really interesting forum & I'm slowly & carefully reading my way through & taking note of the helpful hints, tips & advice :grin:
Kerry L

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Well, you definitely live in a very nice part of the world Kerry.

Glad to see you are getting some helpful tips from the forum as well.....you'll be able to compile your own book soon....LOL
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Introductions: