Any Gardeners out there ???

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Any Gardeners out there ???

Postby Rosco1 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:56 am

Any gardeners out there ????....We are off in 2 weeks for another stint (only 10 days away but...)....and would love to hear how you guys keep your hanging baskets from drying out so quickly in this heat.....ours have cocus palm liners & mulch to protect them...but...when you water them...it runs straight through ....Any ideas ???

:beer :beer

Rosco
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: Any Gardeners out there ???

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Get someone to water them for you. I used to give my young neighbour a few dollars to come and water for me.

Other than that....some plastic drink bottles with some holes pierced in them so they have a slow drip.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:24 am

You could also put them in an old bathtub (or some sort of container) with some water in the bottom so they can drink when they need. Also try and put them in the shade, as you guys are having some pretty hot weather up there which makes them dry out so much quicker.

Also agree with Gypsy. We often ask our neighbours to feed the dogs and water the vegie garden and pots & generally keep an eye on the place. We have great neighbours so we are pretty lucky and we also repay the favour as we are both have dogs. The neighbours also have chooks that my girls love to look after.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:00 pm

lift them out put a plastic bag around it,give it a good water and the plastic bag will help retain the water ,i have mine like that anyways as they do dry out quick.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat