Recommendations for Canberra to QLD trip

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Recommendations for Canberra to QLD trip

Postby Lin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:59 pm

I know there is lots of info here on spots on that route. But I am finding it hard to make up my mind where I want to go and what to see, so I am hoping some of you avid campers can give me some tips on your favourites.

My sister is coming down from Europe with her two teenage kids for the month of July. And my 7yo daughter and I will be joining them for a 3 week adventure in a rented motorhome. The idea is to drive up to South QLD at a leisurely pace and then drive back down in 2 days (though we may fly down a bit earlier).

So far we have on our to see list the Gold Coast theme parks - a must when you live down South! I would like to have a look around Byron Bay and that area and my daughter loves snorkeling and marine life. And unfortunately that is as far as I got!!! My sister says her teenagers will just be happy to soak up the exotic environment and experience the bush and the wildlife. So National Park camping will be a must. I know it will be busy that time of year so will probably want to avoid the most popular places. I don't think the motorhome is 4WD though. We are not planning on booking now either, so that would exclude us from the popular parks anyway. We will call ahead a couple of days in advance to check availability and book.

My daughter and I love the coast, but we'd be happy to venture a bit inland too and find some nice rivers, creeks or lakes. I love being near water...
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Recommendations for Canberra to QLD trip

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:58 pm

My recommendation Lin would be to have a look at the Northern Rivers area NSW, the Clarence River is a beautiful river. Clarence Gorge is spectacular.

http://www.about-australia.com/regions/ ... rn-rivers/

http://theclarencegorge.com/

http://www.clarenceriver.com.au/

PS.....Lin I have moved this to the General Chat area where it will get more exposure.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Hehe, I thought I was going mad because I was SURE that I had posted in the relevant forum. Thanks for moving it to a higher traffic forum! :)

And thanks for the links. Would love to go there myself as I have always thought that if I can ever escape Canberra, that is where I would want to live. But I don't know much about it apart from that the climate must be pretty much perfect. :)
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Ah...ha.....So the trips finally on Lin...

If you get some spare time it would be great if you let us know where you are staying and perhaps we could all meet up and say ''Hi''....to the great''''Lin''

Cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:39 am

Yay Lin you are finally off!!!!! :armsup

Sorry I have been off here for a while (busy, busy, busy) so I am too late to say to have a look at Wallis Lake in Forster as it's beautiful and there are some NPs you can stay in like Booti Booti but it's too late as you are already on the road.

Look forward to hearing how it all goes and where you ended up staying. :?#
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:53 pm

July is definitely upon us....so hopefully Lin is 'on the road'.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Let's hope so Gypsy.

Looking forward to hearing how it all went.

PS. I love that magazine "On the Road" so much so I have a subscription. :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to General Chit-Chat