Can camping be romantic?

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Can camping be romantic?

Postby Family Campers » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:06 pm

DH and I are celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary in December. ::()

I thought it might be nice to go camping to celebrate it, a whole weekend without the kids, by a nice river etc.

How can I make it more romantic and a surprise to my man?
Family Campers
Camping King

Postby slammedpanel » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:20 am

A short walk to a picuresque spot with a hamper with a selection of fine foods and good wine. Get him to unpack the hamper and set up while you nip behind the bush and get yer kit off. He will be pleasently suprised at the fine fair on offer and probably want some dessert.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
slammedpanel

Postby Keeks » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:21 pm

slammedpanel wrote:A short walk to a picuresque spot with a hamper with a selection of fine foods and good wine. Get him to unpack the hamper and set up while you nip behind the bush and get yer kit off. He will be pleasently suprised at the fine fair on offer and probably want some dessert.

Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Lol... maybe skip everything else and go straight to dessert more like it!

I reckon the moment there is no kids around it starts being more romantic!
But a sunset, wine and the hamper would be romantic and a nice rug of course. :grin:

Thats what hubby and I would do.
Or get a nice hotel room with a spa and lobster mornay! lol :)

Keeks
Keeks
Camping King

Postby jasonb » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:25 pm

the main thing ive found is too {put the kids in there own tent }it helps a lot
are we there yet ?
jasonb
Captain Camping

Postby Komodo@home » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:53 pm

Well I'm not one with kids, BUT...

Kel lives in a share house (with another couple who continually fight...) and I live at home with my parents (and work with them). We also live over an hour apart (watsonia and upper beaconsfield) so camping and little weekends away to my parents holiday house when we can are the only really "romantic" type times we get.

so I would suggest if you can try get an extra day (be that the friday or the monday) so that you get 2 "whole" days spread over the 3. Make the trip up nice and early (or if your keen do it the night before) and try to stop off somewhere nice on the way. Be it a day spa or a couple of wineries or breweries or something boutique food wise. Then get to camp with plenty of daylight to spare. Beigh that its just the two of you with no kids the mood will pretty much be set only hightened by any of the previously mentioned stops. Then lay out a nice big cheese platter or nibbly type spread with some wine and things will more than likely take care of them selves from there.

Just make sure you go somewhere isolated or at least quiet. Make sure there is shower or that you have facilities to properly bathe (nothing kills the mood quicker than feeling gross cause you havent be able to shower properly).

Plenty of good food and relaxing some nice wine and you'll be set. Dont be affraid to spend some serious time in a deli getting all those yum things you normally fore go because of the kids.

I guess what im pointing out is plenty of good wine and nice food and I'm any ones LOL.

Oh also Kel and I LOVE Thai style red duck curry so we make some up before we leave and take it with us and reheat it whilst away. We dont have it very often so it makes it special. And special type things like that tend to go hand in hand with "romantic" type things
Komodo@home
Captain Camping

Postby Chippy76 » Tue May 01, 2007 7:34 pm

I'd love that curry recipe if you wanna share! :D
Chippy
Chippy76
Captain Camping

Postby Scolers » Tue May 01, 2007 8:52 pm

If you are on your own it's fantastic!

You can chtter amongst yourselves, whipser sweet nothings, and ... I'll leave the rest up to you ... :?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Komodo@home » Tue May 01, 2007 9:32 pm

Chippy we cheat - we buy it from the thai resturaunt near home and reheat it whilst away ;) LOL sorry to dissapoint. Im sure theres a recipe around the biggest issue is getting duck. My local butcher doesnt even do goat let alone duck :(
Komodo@home
Captain Camping

Postby CCC » Tue May 01, 2007 9:36 pm

a weekend with no kids is a celebration in itself isnt it :armsup

hmmmm a blanket by a nice cosy campfire (remember safety precausions), the sound of crickets in the background, some yummy nibblie foods to start you off to feed each other, ( strawberries, marshmellows, chocolate... i suppose chocolate sauce and honey would be too messy while camping, a nice drink of your choice whether it be wine, a spirit, hot chocolate... and a nice big comfy doona in the tent !

8)
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Tue May 01, 2007 9:38 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote: ( strawberries, marshmellows, chocolate... i suppose chocolate sauce and honey would be too messy while camping, a nice drink of your choice whether it be wine, a spirit, hot chocolate... and a nice big comfy doona in the tent !

8)

What happened to a low carb diet?!?!?!

:$

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby CCC » Tue May 01, 2007 9:41 pm

oops sorry, make that an apple, dry biscuits and a bottle of water

I was just thinkin of the excersize afterwards ::)
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Tue May 01, 2007 9:47 pm

Central Coast Campers wrote:
I was just thinkin of the excersize afterwards ::)

:+

Hey! We only have one child ... and intend keeping it that way!

:?#

Scol.
Last edited by Scolers on Wed May 02, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby CCC » Tue May 01, 2007 9:50 pm

hehe and I did mention safety precausions :***
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby mytribe » Wed May 02, 2007 11:09 am

Camping with out kids would definitely be romantic and a luxury all in itself. :grin:
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Scolers » Wed May 02, 2007 11:57 am

Central Coast Campers wrote:hehe and I did mention safety precausions :***

Fire extinguishers, steel capped boots ... now that WOULD be interesting ... :?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Next

Return to General Chit-Chat