Commercial Websites

List your stuff for sale or wanted here. Outdoor furniture, home, gardening, clothing, anything really except motor vehicles or real estate as that is catered for below. Post or sell offer here for free. (Add you suburb, buy or sell and item to heading we will organise letter).

Should we allow Commercial Websites to advertise their goods in the forum?

Yes
16%
No
14%
Yes but individual items only
3%
Yes but in a new commercial section (thread) only.
67%

Total votes : 69

Commercial Websites

Postby Activity_Dept » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:58 am

Should we allow Commercial Websites to advertise their goods in the forum?

As I mentioned to Ozzy any unique, new or items of interest I would like to see get an informative write up in the gear guide thus promoting their item but also providing us valuable info.

Buy sell or trade could be just for individuals (non commercial) or individual items commercial or otherwise or full on anything goes (well outdoor related anyway).

What do u think, have you say and any comments are appreciated.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby familybus » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:36 am

in my opinion! its anoying when comercial advertisers register, sign in once, advertise there buisness then disapear without contributing to any other section in the forum, say tech talk for example! i beleive they shuoldnt be able to advertise till they have at least contributed 10 helpfull posts in general chat! :+
familybus
Boy Scout

Postby Kramer » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:46 am

I thnink put in a vendors section and only limit it to Australian suppliers only. That way buy & sell can stay just for individuals.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:49 am

I think if they post up ONE thread in the buy/sell OR Gear guide section, and add to that whenever they wish, its fine.

Like this guy - viewtopic.php?t=279
Its from overseas, and I don't know how one can get so excited about a torch, but it's been kept to one thread, and just updated. If vendors stuck to this simple rule it'd be great. And if they don't, I can just delete their thread :armsup .... and if they keep doing it... :$ booooot :mrgreen:

But I also voted for a seperate vendors section, with this system, cause the buy/sell should be for private ppl selling/buyin camping gear.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:19 pm

Once again i've taken matters into my own hands... and if ya'll dont like it, :booty :mrgreen:

viewforum.php?f=66

J/K. Any comments/suggestions will be most welcome :cheers
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:51 pm

I'm not really bothered becuase if they start spamming then we all have fun rubbishing their products.

The diea of keeping it all in one thread is good and then you can go back and see what's being developed/ added.

:armsup

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Blue Bravo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:39 pm

I have no problem with a promotion but only of camping related gear. Some of the ads in magazines are more iinforming than the articles. Agree that they should be monitored by mods :?#
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Fonty » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:09 am

I think it's okay as long as it's on an appropriate forum, and none of the normal scumbag spammers slip through.
I do think advertising costs though. The website should either charge them a small fee or they should offer specials or a discount, even if it's a piddling 5% - something for the honor of using this site to advertise.

If they are genuine traders willing to offer something for the advertising space here I'd check out their posts, if they don't have anything to offer they are little better than spammers in my opinion.

Give them nothing for nothing! :grin:
Fonty
Camping Veteran

Postby Mullie Grub Clan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:09 pm

Yeah I think its a tough one. Its good to find out about new product that come on the market, but it's bad if they start the spam. Is there any way that they can add their info without seeing all the members personal details?
I think if they are ligit businesses they would be happy to pay **** amount for advertising their web sites etc on the site. Discounts to members who purchase from them would be a good idea as well. The advertising money could then be put back into http://www.camping.com.au. and be used for members only competitions, giveaways, and help keep this site running for the years to come.

:+ :*** Scolers I agree with you about rubbishing their products if they do spam. Need to have some sort of contract or agreement to notify them of this. It will make them think real hard about spamming.
Cheers,
Chick
It's all about Beer, Hubbie, Fishing, Camping, Kids & Boating.. Oh and Me
Mullie Grub Clan
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:55 pm

familybus wrote:in my opinion! its anoying when comercial advertisers register, sign in once, advertise there buisness then disapear without contributing to any other section in the forum, say tech talk for example! i beleive they shuoldnt be able to advertise till they have at least contributed 10 helpfull posts in general chat! :+

The only problem here could be what they contribute in those 10 posts. I do agree that with what familybus has written too, it is most annoyning.
Cheers...
Last edited by GypsyLady on Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Commercial Websites

Postby will_deness » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:15 am

I also agree it is offensive to register and post only products without any other contribution to the forum. We are a forum community and spamming products is just seeing the members as dollar signs. If someone did want to advertise and contribute I am sure their efforts wouldn't be a waste of time(I'm a sucker for good service), for example to give honest opinions on products or to maybe post a manufacturers details if someone has a warranty drama.
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
Joseph Stalin
will_deness
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Buy & Sell