My new toy

Let’s hear about all those weekend toys for the boys (and girls) boats, skis, camper trailers, motor homes, 4wheel drives OK even airplanes (again add the make and model to the title we will organise as it gets unmanageable).

My new toy

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:20 pm

So I've wanted a boat for some time now but couldn't really justify the money and two more sets of rego's on a trailer and tinny, then this little canoe popped up on ebay

It was in a pretty sorry state, no poles for the outriggers, and covered in leaves, so I managed to get it for what I thought was rather cheap. 1hr with some truckwash and a scrubbing brush and it was lookin much more presentable.

Bought a 3.3hp outboard, again on ebay, a few weeks later. Cut up some alluminium poles for the outriggers, and I've got an sweet little fishing setup that goes on the roof racks, and only takes about 15mins to pack or unpack.

I've had it out at port stephens, and raced the ferry from nelson bay to Tea Gardens (I won in case your wondering :lol: ) and out at Berowra most recently, took 2 people and swags and fishing gear well enough. Feels very stable but I wouldn't want to use it on a cold day cause you do tend to get splashed occasionally.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Re: My new toy

Postby stevo. » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:20 pm

oooo looks good Ozzy :armsup

You'll be able to get up in to some nice spots :+
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby padfoot » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:03 pm

That looks great!
The old bushrangers are hard to kill. And yours even has rod holders. That's the boss.
I love the idea of being able to throw the gear in and camp near on the banks of a river/lake. You can get to all kinds of places with that little motor on too.
Very envious!
padfoot
Camping King

Postby Rosco1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Neat looking set up there Ozzy......I'm looking for a canoe myself...was top bidder this morning on one up in Coloundra till some idiot introduced himself in to the Auction....Swine pushed me up another $100. ...by then it was way over priced (I hate losing...lol)...so I thought :--? ....and let him have it....
Lets hope the fish start leaping in for you

Cheers.. :cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:22 pm

AWESOME Ozzy
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Recreation Vehicles