The big trip

Let’s hear about all those weekend toys for the boys (and girls) boats, skis, camper trailers, motor homes, 4wheel drives OK even airplanes (again add the make and model to the title we will organise as it gets unmanageable).

The big trip

Postby Mickie » Fri May 14, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I've just joined this website as hubby, the kids (two girls aged 2 and 4) and I, have decided it's now or never so we're planning our trip away.

Last year we went over to Perth and hired a Camprite camper trailer which we loved; easy and quick to set up and everyone sleeps off the ground. I just spoke to their sales guy and was told there's a 14 month wait on production at the moment :(

So now we're looking at other options. We've been to a few of the Caravan and Camping shows and like the look of the Jurgens off road caravan, the Stargazer, but I want to know from you guys (rather than the Jurgens sales staff) how off road they really are.

If anyone has any other recommendations we'd love to hear them.

Thanks
Mickie

Re: The big trip

Postby Rosco532 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:00 pm

For a start...Mickie...What vehicle are you guys planning to use as you 'Tug'...???
AND...are you planning the '360 ',,,????...if its a Caravan type holiday you will be happy doing....Have you looked on Ebay....theres many Caravans on there at the moment...Both road & off road....

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Mickie » Fri May 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Thanks for your reply. The vehicle is yet another consideration for us at the moment. We've had a Prado before and were very happy with that so we were looking at getting one of those but as we've decided to go sooner and our kids are smaller were have even been contemplating a dual cab Hilux or a Mitsubishi Triton.

Rather than the 360 route we were planning a figure 8 from Melbourne to Adelaide, then north up to Darwin, down the West coast, across the Overland (Perth to Carins), Cape York and outback QLD then back down the East coast - not sure if an off road caravan will handle the overland though - which is what we want to find out.
Mickie

Postby Rosco532 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:38 am

Mickie, Have you considered doing 'the trip' in one of these vehicles ???

PLEASE NOTE...ITS NOT MINE...I 'BORROWED' THE PIC OFF EBAY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby HGMonaro » Tue May 18, 2010 11:51 am

there are other sites with more caravan oriented discussions where you might get more responses. A couple are http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/Default.asp and http://caravanersforum.com/index.php. Pretty sure there was some discussion about the Stargazer fairly recently on one of them.
HGMonaro
Blatant Padder

Return to Recreation Vehicles