Prado GXL and Custom Made Camper Trailer

Let’s hear about all those weekend toys for the boys (and girls) boats, skis, camper trailers, motor homes, 4wheel drives OK even airplanes (again add the make and model to the title we will organise as it gets unmanageable).

Prado GXL and Custom Made Camper Trailer

Postby ScottyB » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:18 am

We have a 1999 Toyota Prado GXL petrol with ECB bullbar, Trailblazer towbar with tregg coupling, ARB full length racks and pretty much standard everything else. She has done over 320,000kms and still runs like new.

We tow a custom made camper trailer with side folding hard floor, 60 watt solar panel, 2 x 80 amp hour deep cycle batteries, 240v power if required, Fridgemate fridge/freezer, kitchen, 12v and hand pump from 2 x 60 litre water tanks, couple of water and fuel jerry cans, 3 x 9 litre gas cylinders and slide out draw system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ScottyB
Captain Camping

Re: Prado GXL and Custom Made Camper Trailer

Postby camptrailer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:33 am

hi scottyB how r u
the unit looks great the prado looks like it has been realy looked after congrats. the photo of jan 2009 was that taken anywhere near caloundra just curious thanks

happy camping
camptrailer
Chris and Vina
camptrailer
Boy Scout

Postby ScottyB » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:47 am

Photo was taken down on the Gold Coast on our return from a week camping, thats about as dirty as I have ever gotten the Prado. I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to pushing its limits. I watch people drive through salt water, find mud ponds to drown their 4WD's in and scrape them up rock faces but however much fun that may be I think all I would be worrying about is the cost of the damage to repair. I have done 4WD courses and over the years have really been bush in work vehicles but when its my own car I tend to take it a little easy.

I have agonised for many hours over selling the camper and Prado together and upgrading to an offroad type caravan with a newer model diesel tow vehicle and doing a lap of the country with the kids.

Maybe if I win the lotto. :grin:
ScottyB
Captain Camping

Postby Redback » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:40 am

Love that kitchen setup in the camper, very well set out :+

Baz.
01 Discovery TD5 Locked & Lifted & Redback Country Camper Trailer
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.
Peter Lalor
Redback
Blatant Padder

Postby YouAndI » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:31 pm

Good looking Prado & Camper Trailer. Its always nice to be self contained, knowing you can be out as long as you want and still be comfortable.

Kewl Gear! Image
Alan & Christine
Jeep & Tentrax AT Off Road Camper
Webshots: Click Here

YouAndI
Camping King

Return to Recreation Vehicles