Kids & Mums

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Re: Kids & Mums

Postby kalouise » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 pm

Hey there,
I'd love to hear about your overnight trek plans. I have a single Mum friend who also has a 6 yr old son (I have a 5 yr old daughter) and we often go out together... we'd be really keen to hear of your plans and hopefully join you for the trip. Any ideas on destination?

K
kalouise
Boy Scout

Postby CCC » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:15 pm

oh buggar... this sounds awesome but i'm too far away from you guys :-bang
CCC
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby lorichevy8 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi,

I am keen to maybe head down the coast as I need to have the creature comforts when I am on my own. I like to take the bikes with us for a ride along the beach at sunset.

There are several less expensive caravan parks down there which suit the kids quite well. Although if you are game I a will head in the bush as well.

Just PM me and we can organise a date. By the way where are u? I live on the southside of Brisbane

Lori
lorichevy8
Captain Camping

Postby kalouise » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:29 pm

We are also both southside BNE... but I'll be out until the winter (July) unfortuantely as I'm out of the country until then... any chance of a winter trip or too cold?
kalouise
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:58 am

That's what I like to see...people not affraid to camp in the winter....

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Ranger1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:55 pm

:hello:

We (single Mum with a 10 year old boy) would like to meet other families in SEQ who enjoy camping. We don't have friends with kids that enjoy camping so we end up camping on our own or with friend that have no kids. We love to go camping and enjoy exploring the outdoors and having adventures, we try to get away 3 times a year. I would like to try beach camping like up to Inskip or somewhere else.
So if anyone is going camping these spring school holidays and are interested in meeting up with another family we are up for the adventure.
Ranger1

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm

We have an event organised for 14 & 15 November at The Gorge, Aratula.

Everyone will be most welcome especially kids. This is a chance to not only get away for a weekend at a great place but also see and learn a little about camp oven cooking, something we should be passing on to our kids

See here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4263

Cheers

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Ranger1 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Derek wrote:We have an event organised for 14 & 15 November at The Gorge, Aratula.

Everyone will be most welcome especially kids. This is a chance to not only get away for a weekend at a great place but also see and learn a little about camp oven cooking, something we should be passing on to our kids

See here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4263

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Derek for your invite. Unfortunately i will be working that weekend but would come another time.
Your website is great, i now have some new recipes on my camping menu.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt...then it's bloody hilarious!
Ranger1

Postby Frilly » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:51 am

Hi Lori and all!

I am a single mum but my kids aren't keen on camping (kids?? they are 19 and 17, so they can stay home!) I am more than happy to catch up on a camp with you and whoever else wants to tag along. I have been absent from the group for a while (boyfriend distraction) but am back now!

Let me know your thoughts!

Tammy
x
The story of my life is about back entrances, side doors, secret elevators and other ways of getting in and out of places so that people won't bother me.
Frilly
Camping Veteran

Postby sienna » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:59 pm

I, too, have a hubby who doesn't really like camping so it's me and my son, 3 1/2. There has been another thread similar to this down in the camping with kids section as well.
Realising that christmas is just around the corner, I reckon that maybe we try for a weekend/few days in either late Jan or feb sometime. I know kids go back to school etc but going away for a weekend is still better than nothing.
For those who like caravan parks, I will be down at tallebudgera over chrissy and I know they are taking shorter bookings for unpowered sites. So if you are interested give them a call and pm me.

Hope we can find a date that suits so we can all catch up and meet.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to Groups & Activities