Gold Coast | Great Ocean Road | Gold Coast

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Gold Coast | Great Ocean Road | Gold Coast

Postby Louise H » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
I need some idea to help plan our holiday this year.
We have around 2.5 Weeks and we plan on driving from Nerang down the coast road to the great ocean road then back home inland.We have a custom built camper trailer and will be towing it in style this time round with our restored Holden WB.

The question I ask, is what is a MUST TO SEE along the way.

I put this call out before we went to cairns last year and the places we were told to visit made our holiday...
So if there is anything that you can suggest please do so... :)
Louise H

Re: Gold Coast | Great Ocean Road | Gold Coast

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Wow.....2.5 weeks over that distance is not a lot of time to see anything much Louise.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Gold Coast | Great Ocean Road | Gold Coast

Postby padfoot » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 pm

We did the same trip about three years ago, from Sydney though and had about 3 weeks.
We went straight down to Merimbula but there are some really lovely quiet spots on the NSW south coast. Merimbula is great with the lake and the beach close by. Eden is a beautiful spot and we really enjoyed the Killer Whale museum. The kids loved the history.
I really liked Phillip Island. I felt like I was being gouged because it is really touristy but I enjoyed the Penguin parade but don't do what we did. It had been a 35 degree day so we lobbed up in our shorts and t-shirts and wondered why everybody else was dressed for the snow. We soon found the wind off bass straight was a little colder than we had anticipated.
The Great Ocean road was brilliant. We did the Cape Otway light house. The twelve apostles at sun set was brilliant. It's a place where you just drive a bit, stop for a bit and have a walk, drive a bit etc. I loved it.

Try and get an extra week and jump in the WB and go for it.
padfoot
Camping King

Return to Camping Tips and Locations