help me put a battery system in my trailer

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

help me put a battery system in my trailer

Postby Dave M1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:45 pm

[b]I have an Elite Sprinter ST camper trailer and want to put a 12v battery system in for some luxuries such as; small TV,charge our mobile phones, use computer and to run a small portable fridge.
I have been advised to put a deep cell battery in it and run through a relay from my vehicle battery to charge on the go. I have also been told to put a solar charger panel on it to charge while we are stopped over.
I would like to know what you the more experienced campers have to say (in simple language not tech talk) so I can determine what we should do.
I look forward to talking and meeting up with fellow campers through this site as we travel around.
Muzza :cheers :?
Dave M1
Boy Scout

Re: help me put a battery system in my trailer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Sorry Dave I can't help you with that one as we don't have 12V hooked up to our CT yet as we simply haven't needed it yet.

We have dual batteries in the Prado that we run our fridge off and when we had it installed the auto electrician asked if we wanted the plug (for the CT) hooked into it but we haven't done that yet but will when we want to wire the CT up.

Also if we needed to add it I would get a professional to do it as my hubby is not that great with electrical stuff. :lol:

I hope someone on here can point you in the right direction.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camper Trailers