Thoughts on Military style trailers/campers

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Thoughts on Military style trailers/campers

Postby Dave-Yakka » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:38 pm

What are your thoughts on this style of camping.
With having a roof-top style tent, not very family of 4 friendly, the rest have to bunk down in a tent swag etc.. or you have another on on the main vehicle.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/47 ... -done.html

i am thinking about building one. Main reason, its different, and i believe i can make it tho suit/fit eveything in.
Cons.
extra tarps etc needed if rains more set-up.
once bed is out, no head room under it for getting into side compartments (if installed)
get out of bed and its raining you get wet
pro's
not sure as yet, now that i think about it :***

pro's vs cons... your thoughhts..........
Dave-Yakka
Captain Camping

Re: Thoughts on Military style trailers/campers

Postby stevo. » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:28 am

I don't like the way it hinges up when the tent is set up, it would be a hassle to access the trailer, but you could just have a tailgate to fix that issue. Maybe a tailgate with a swing out kitchen.

I'd put a rack on the side above head height to hold one of the ARB side awnings, that way you can still have an easily set up shade/tarp area beside the trailer and the roof top tent should fit beside it. so the tent would open out to one side and the awning would open out to the other side. You could have a slide out kitchen bench under the awning side for the stove or whatever.

If you have kids they can set up their own tent on the ground beside it?
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Return to Camper Trailers