CT on Ebay

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Re: CT on Ebay

Postby Dettie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:43 pm

Xmasbaby, I must be getting Custom and Customline mixed up - I thought they were one and the same! From memory, I love that moonroof but think the Customline offers great value for money.

Bring on that Camper show!
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:52 pm

We are going on the 17th!!!! First day so I can't wait.

Might see you there!!
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dettie » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:07 pm

XB, I'd say we'll be going on the Sunday (2nd day) - I'll probably be returning to Sydney from the Easter trip on the Saturday. Do all the bargains get snapped up on the first day? If so, I'll come home early :***
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:23 am

Couldn't say Dettie never been to a big one before, I imagine the big savings would be closer to the end of the show to move the stock so they don't have to take it back to the store!!

I'm an excellent window shopper with many, many years of practice but hubby will be with me and he is the irrational spender in our house.....ooohhh have to have one of those or I've heard these are really good...etc...

So god knows what we will come home with????? hehehe
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Breidi Mac » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I know what you mean about the confusion, we just recently bought our 2nd camper trailer, i did so much research it was doing my head in. We ended up buying a Weekender Camper trailer.

It is so hard when you are on a budget, we are currently on one income after having baby no.3 so had a strict budget to stick to. Hubby of course wanted this and that put on which we simply could not afford. Dennis from Weekender was great, he did us a deal within our budget. I guess that is where the chinese imports are making their money, some people just can't afford $10k plus for a Aussie made CT, when you get on ebay and see these very cheap Ct's for less than half the price of an aussie made CT, it is very appealing.
Breidi Mac
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Breidi Mac wrote: I guess that is where the chinese imports are making their money, some people just can't afford $10k plus for a Aussie made CT, when you get on ebay and see these very cheap Ct's for less than half the price of an aussie made CT, it is very appealing.

Sometimes it does not matter too much what you get.....just so long as you can get out there camping....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:10 pm

We are a bit of sticklers for buying Aussie made. :armsup

We like to keep our locally made Aust money within our country where possible and find that Aust made products are of superior quality made to suit our climate & high standards.

We figure that the guys that make the trailers, make the canvas tent for the CT's with Aust made canvas & the family that runs their own CT company are all small business owners like ourselves creating jobs for fellow aussies and need our support to survive and thrive.

We actually did without a few things like electrics & brakes to buy aussie made and figure when we need them we will just add them when we have the money.*gets off soapbox*
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby CampGrrlz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:30 pm

Breidi Mac wrote:... we just recently bought our 2nd camper trailer ... We ended up buying a Weekender Camper trailer.

Sounds like us! After we sold the first CT, it was 'never again'. So we let ourselves get enthused about a small show at Caloundra. Saying between us 'we're not buying anything we're just going for an outing'. Yeah, right.

A week later a Cub was delivered. It was more our size than the softfloor we had custom-made.

NOTE to BEGINNERS: don't get anything custom-made until you *know* what you want! This was the one with the awning which was almost physically beyond us to erect. No prizes for guessing we never used the awning again.

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Breidi Mac » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:12 pm

gypsylady wrote:
Breidi Mac wrote: I guess that is where the chinese imports are making their money, some people just can't afford $10k plus for a Aussie made CT, when you get on ebay and see these very cheap Ct's for less than half the price of an aussie made CT, it is very appealing.

Sometimes it does not matter too much what you get.....just so long as you can get out there camping....

That's right Gypsy, whatever works for you. I guess what i am trying to say is while i prefer to buy Aussie made and spend the money on something that is going to go the distance, i don't blame those who simply don't have the budget to stretch to a Aussie made CT, If a chinese made CT suits their budget and gets them out camping and making some memories then it is worth it's weight in gold.

We started out with a 2nd hand 20yo Ct with a home made kitchen, it did the job until we introduced bubby no.3 to the family, the 6ft tent just didn't cut it space wise. We then began a list of all the things we require and desire in a CT for when we could afford to lash out and buy a new one. At xmas time we set off to Inskip, after a night of rain and heavy winds, our camp site became a disaster zone. The gazebo didn't hold up in the heavy winds and the weight of the overnight rain put a large tear in the material. We decided it was time to upgrade to a new CT that better suited our needs. The old CT was bought by an older couple, the fella is going to make a few mods and travel with his wife, the Ct is better suited to them than it was to us.
Breidi Mac
Camping King

Postby Komodo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:13 am

RE : Battery chargers

Projecta have just released a new range to compete with the cTek chargers at a more attractive pricing.

Projecta's Intelli-Charge battery chargers provide power for professionals World class 7-stage technology with multi-chemistry charging in Projecta's latest range of battery chargers sets a new standard for professionals in maximising battery performance and life.

Engineered and designed in Australia for use on all types of battery including Gel; AGM; Wet and Calcium, the new chargers provide the opportunity for professionals to have just one charger to meet all their charging needs. By selecting the battery chemistry type, Intelli-Charge adjusts the charge to precisely match the battery, extending battery life and performance.

Intelli-Chargers are fully automatic and deliver a comprehensive and accurate charging technique known as 7-stage charging, especially engineered for optimum performance on all types of batteries.

The first two stages, 'De-sulphation' and 'Soft Start' prepare the battery for charging. 'Bulk' then delivers a fast charge followed by 'Absorption' which ensures the battery is fully charged.

The 'SPAMER' mode is designed to ensure the battery is fully charged. If the battery fails the SPAMER stage the charger will begin to 'Recondition' the battery, testing after each stage up to three times. Once past the SPAMER stage the battery is maintained ready for use.

Intelli-Chargers from Projecta are available from 7 up to 50 Amps, boasting power supply, recondition and adjustable output on selected models. Smaller 7, 10 and 15A models can be used as a power supply ideal for use as a memory saver when changing a vehicle battery thus avoiding the loss of important radio and computer information. In the larger 25, 35, 25A, 8A/24V models the power supply operates as a float charge (constant voltage) ideal for maintaining a battery while running an appliance or load from the battery without the risk of overcharging the battery.

Major features such as user friendly controls and easy to read L.E.D displays have been incorporated into the new Projecta Intelli-Charge chargers which allow operators to quickly customise the charge settings and monitor the charger's performance. The chargers also remember the last settings even when the power has been turned off.

The larger units feature a selectable charge rate function starting from as low as 2 Amps allowing the user to best suit the size of the battery. Additional features include a fully synchronised LCD display and remote control supplied with each charger. Total control of the unit along with its performance can be monitored even when the charger is mounted out of the way and out of sight - a feature that will delight caravan and motor-home owners, as it avoids the necessity of checking a charger located outside the vehicle.

Ensuring long term durability and service life, the complete range of chargers feature short circuit protection and are constructed from extruded aluminium housings complete with solid mounting flanges. They are shock-proof, dust-proof and have undergone rigorous vibration testing to pass both a military and caravan standard. In addition the circuit boards have been conformal coated to protect against moisture and dust.

Australian engineered and designed, the Projecta Intelli-Chargers are quality guaranteed and covered by a 2 year Projecta comprehensive warranty and are available from leading automotive, 4WD, camping and transport outlets.

More info here http://www.projecta.com.au/catalogue/ci ... et_id/171/

*Note : I am in no way affiliated with Projecta battery chargers - just passing on information given to me earlier in the week
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Previous

Return to Camper Trailers