CT on Ebay

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

CT on Ebay

Postby Serenity Now » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:24 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT

Hi,

I don't know if this is appropiate to ask opinions on a particular selling CT but does anyone have an opinion on this CT currently selling on ebay.
I hope this link works

Many thanks
Serenity Now
Camping Veteran

Re: CT on Ebay

Postby dea » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:39 pm

looks good ...
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 pm

You would have to have a look at it before buying I would think. That said Camel is a very reputable brand and it is a good set up for the price.

Derek http://www.aussiecampovencook.com/homeawayfromhome.htm has had Camel's and I think still has one, he would be the one I'd be asking.

Also you could look on the Campertrailers.org website for a comparision http://www.campertrailers.org/camper_trader450.htm and also for other CTs for sale.

Good luck
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Derek Bullock » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Would suggest that you look at the Camel website at the Beachcomber Camper Trailer. See it here. http://camelgroup.com.au/product.asp?pr ... Off%20Road

My looking at the photos in the eBay advert show to me - THIS CAMPER TRAILER IS NOT A BEACHCOMBER AND IS CERTAINLY NOT AN OFF ROAD OR 4WD MODEL.

In fact the photos show to me that it is the cheaper Nomad. See here. http://camelgroup.com.au/product.asp?pr ... 0On%20Road

Couple of things to look at:

The wheels - Beachcomber comes standard with Sunraysia wheels
Checker plate in fills on the side - not there
Spare wheel - Beachcomber has the spare wheel mounted vertical

There are many more but believe me this is NOT what it is advertised as. Disappointing really.

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby Serenity Now » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks for your comments...

Derek,i was hoping you would give me your opinion,
Your info is very insightful.
Derek,i did look at their website but did not pick up on what you pointed out. :***
Muchly appreciated.

The CT on Ebay is 3hrs away so i was reluctant to drive that far to look as i have only just decided to change to a CT.
I would not buy used on Ebay without looking first.

I am actually more confused now than ever.

How will i ever decide.The more i look the more confusing.
Serenity Now
Camping Veteran

Postby Dettie » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:29 pm

Serenity, you've got a bigger budget than what I had and mine is only on-road, but I'm relly happy with it. It's basic but absolutely does the job at $2.8k on eBay. Built by Market Direct. They also do off-road versions but I didn't research their product for off-roading so cannot give an opinion on that. I think with on off-roader I would be a lot more pedantic with trailer quality.

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby CampGrrlz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Serenity Now wrote:The CT on Ebay is 3hrs away so i was reluctant to drive that far to look as i have only just decided to change to a CT.

I can understand 'confusing'! Looking and researching and pondering are best done at leisure. I know how tempting almost-finished auctions are on eBay! But one thing you can be sure about on eBay is that "like busses, another will be along any time".

Even though you're keen and committed, time taken now to cogitate, view, review, think and re-think is time well spent. Once you've bought the beast, you have to unload it if it's not suitable or you have to spend more money on modifying it. And you always lose money. A universal truth from where I sit is the customer while theoretically is 'always right' (or used to be) the customer 'always loses'. As well, there's no one 'perfect' camper/tent/caravan/whatever. Weighing up the pros and seeing if you can live with the cons is very much a part of the decision process.

If you get the chance, go to a camping/caravan/outdoors show and look and ask, ask, ask.

Happy camping!

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 am

I agree with the grrlz at going to the Supershow in Sydney in April and have a good look around, ask heaps of questions and have a list of what you do want and things you dont want or really need, it may confuse you even more though!! ::()

If buying off ebay stay away from any chinese imported trailers especially "Indigo Trading". There was a write up in the last CT Aust mag about how they were falling apart and not made to suit Oz conditions was quite an eye opener. ::()

Good luck with it all.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dettie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 am

XmasBaby, I saw that article too... disturbing to say the least and three cheers for the Editor for taking that legal risk by outing them!

Just for note only - The CT I bought is an Aussie made trailer (but with Chinese import canvas), but I had checked on that before purchase. Phew!

Serenity, definitely do the Rosehill april show... I'll be going there too. Keep us posted on your research progress.

I am not a regular eBayer but since picking up the CT have bought about 10 items off eBay... lights, porta-potty etc and currently looking at an AGM Deep cycle 100ah battery and smart regulator... Research your heart out sista! ;)

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Dettie wrote:currently looking at an AGM Deep cycle 100ah battery and smart regulator...
Dettie

I presume you mean a 3 stage charger here Dettie or sometimes called a 'smart' charger!! When you do purchase one make sure it will charge different types of batteries, not just limited to one type.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dettie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Gyspy, thank you so much for the tip! I showed all my research to hubby last night and we've decided to wait for the weekend so he can talk to some people and work out the best needs. We were having trouble understanding the smart charger issue, specifically.

Tell you what... I am having a lot of joy with kitting up my CT project on a budget. If you want any ideas Serenity, post away, as I think you're only a few weeks behind me in the CT option research and I'm only too happy to share my limited knowledge. Having said that, a lot of the knowledge I have gained is directly of the members of this forum! :)

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Dettie, I found this on the web and it explains it better that I can. I know the application but can not define it as well as this. I know it works in 3 stages....charging; absorption and float modes and this method prolongs the life of the battery.

Quote: A three-stage charger is the most complete charger. It charges the battery at a constant current until the battery voltage reaches a slightly elevated level. The battery is maintained at this voltage while the charging current diminishes to a low value, and then the battery is switched to the float voltage where it can be maintained indefinitely.

If you fit battery and 3 stage charger to the CT...you can come home plug in to 240 and be fully charged and ready to go. You don't have to worry about the battery being over charged.

Yes I agree....it is fun kitting up the new CT....and it never ends.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Serenity Now » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:05 pm

CampGrrzl,thanks for your words of wisdom.
I am going to go to the Sydney Show.
I would like to look at Customline there.
I went to The Illawarra Show last Friday and that was helpful but coinfusing.

Dettie...may catch up with you at the Sydney Show,you can throw all your advice my way.

FYI...the CT on Ebay i was watching lowered its starting price by $1000.

You were spot on Derek :+
Serenity Now
Camping Veteran

Postby Dettie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Thanks Gypsy! I'll pass this onto hubby.

Serenity, I do love the look of the Custom Campers too.

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:48 am

Serenity we have just bought a Customline and are very happy with it. :armsup

I like the Custom too Dettie especially the moon roof and SS kitchen. At the risk of sounding REALLY girly I love the purple canvas also!!! :?#

Will be at the Sydney show too and cant wait for it to be here already. Must start making my list of things to look at. :lol:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to Camper Trailers