The colour of the canvas ????????

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Re: The colour of the canvas ????????

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm

It takes some practice Dettie but it can be done. The hardest part is getting it over the CT, the rest is easy. Much easier to put up over a tent.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 am

I have put up my tarp twice now, once after the ct was up and once with ct down. By far the easiest way is with the ct down. You can use the trailer to help with holding up the tarp without it being so high up in the air which is needed to clear the height of the erected ct. And I say this cos I had help with the ct up and I did it by myself with the ct down. The two of us struggled trying to get it over the top height of the ct.
Definitely do it with the ct down. Plus you then have shade already to finish setting up your camp - handy if its hot or raining.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby itchyvet » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Colour of canvas ? As some have already posted, dark colours are good, don't show up grim and dirt to readily. But, IMHO the best part is prevents too much light coming in in the early hours of the morning, thus allowing a nice sleep in, if the birds allow you too. :***
Regards the tarp, wouldn't leave home without it. When you've camped out and the possums have used your roof for a toilet, you'll quickly understand the benefits of using a tarp. LOL.
It also prevents tree sap from sticking onto your canvas FOREVER. Heaps easier to remove it from the tarp then canvas, keeps full sun off the canvas thus cooler inside, sheds rain better then canvas and acts as double roof when raining thus assuring water proofing under any extreme weather.
IMHO, all CT manufactures should provide such a tarp as does CAMPRITE.
itchyvet
Captain Camping

Postby RobynD » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi everyone, new to camping here, just thought i would come in and mention we got our new camper trailer today and when we first set it up the metal bar was going straight across the door way like mentioned above but you can actually move it. You just pull it out where it is connected near the mattress and straighten it up so that it goes floor to ceiling on the other side of the doorway iykwim. There might be a little pocket thing near the door way that you can place it in.
RobynD

Previous

Return to Camper Trailers