Enclosed Box trailer ie DIY camper trailer

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Enclosed Box trailer ie DIY camper trailer

Postby Dettie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:13 am

Hi All

I love the idea of a poptop caravan (ahhhh bliss!) or a Camper trailer (heaven). I want to do a 3 week trip with my son later in the year where we are on the move every couple of days. I think it's tedious squeezing all our gear into the rear seats and boot of our 4WD... and the roof cage!

I have a lot of camping equipment that I don't want to put to waste. Secondly, we don't have the space to store a camper or van. I'm wondering whether anyone else uses a simple box trailer and if so I wonder whether any places hire them with an enclosed lid. I'm thinking it might make setting up and packing up that bit easier when we're moving more often. Does anyone have any advice?

I can't wait for the Sydney Camping expo in April!

Cheers
Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Re: Enclosed Box trailer ie DIY camper trailer

Postby Bradd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:50 am

I don't know about an enclosed lid, but you can hire Enclosed trailers from many places,
varying sizes and usually used for moving furniture, but can put anything in them.

Before we got out camper trailer, we used a 6 X 4 trailer with a 2ft cage and just put a tarp over it.
These type of trailers are pretty common at Petrol Stations where they hire trailers.
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Re: Enclosed Box trailer ie DIY camper trailer

Postby Dettie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:50 am

Thanks Bradd
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Return to Camper Trailers