CT boatloader gas struts...what size, what spec?

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

CT boatloader gas struts...what size, what spec?

Postby greenextreme » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi All,
I'm building a boat loader for our Cavalier offroad CT. We've opted for a gas strutted boat loader that we can swing aside when stopping to camp overnight [without taking the 50kg dinghy off]. Does anyone have a gas-strutted boat loader in their carport / garage who can let me know the spec / size of their gas struts [end-to-end length when closed, diameter, max capacity in kg, model/make number]? It's a critical component to get right [or it just won't work]. :grin:
cheers,
greenextreme
greenextreme

Re: CT boatloader gas struts...what size, what spec?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:27 pm

Hi greenextreme and WELCOME to the forum.

That is a question I would be asking somone who actually make boat loaders...someone in the business. You don't say where you are located so I suggest if don't know of any in particular in your area then google it.

You could even look at the CT manufacturers who fit boat loaders to their CTs, they don't have to know why you are asking the question.

As you say....it is critical that you get it right and who better to answer the question.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: CT boatloader gas struts...what size, what spec?

Postby chippy 76 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Green extreme,

You could give this guy a go. http://www.prsr.com.au I cant vouch for any of his products. However, I met him at the Leyburn sprints a couple of months ago and he seemed very knowledgable on struts etc.

Cheers Chippy :D
chippy 76
Captain Camping

Return to Camper Trailers