The Handmade Expo - coming to Ipswich (near Brisbane)

Bulletins, notices or alerts can be posted here. If it is specific to a region or community be sure to put the location n your heading (we will organise it by region if this sections grows).

The Handmade Expo - coming to Ipswich (near Brisbane)

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:40 pm

:hello: The Handmade Expo IS COMING TO IPSWICH :+

SATURDAY 16TH AUGUST
8AM – 2PM
IPSWICH SHOWGROUNDS PAVILION
81 Warwick Rd, Ipswich

OVER 60 STALLS OF LOVINGLY HANDMADE AND CRAFTED PRODUCTS WHICH INCLUDE CHILDREN’S CLOTHING, GREETING CARDS, SOAPS, HATS, PAINTINGS, BEARS, TOYS, FUDGE, SKINCARE, JEWELLERY, COUNTRY CRAFT AND MUCH, MUCH MORE. SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!!!
$2 entry fee, kids free

STALLHOLDER ENQUIRIES TO LIESA on 0422 876 154
thehandmadeexpo@optusnet.com.au

P.S. The Ipswich Showgrounds is available for camping for further information contact the Ipswich Showgrounds on
(07) 3281-1577. ::)
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Re: The Handmade Expo - coming to Ipswich (near Brisbane)

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi All,

Just an update... we now have 77 paid stall holders with a maximum of 80 stallholders being able to fit into the pavilion.

This expo will be one of a kind, if you are still thinking about holding a stall please contact us today to organise a stall - only 3 stalls left.

We look forward to seeing you at The Handmade Expo

Micky
The Handmade Expo :+
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:28 pm

So, the 16th August 2008 has been and gone and what a fabulous day had by all.

The Handmade Expo was a huge success. With 87 stallholders willing and waiting...come 8am, the doors open, we had around 2000 people come through the door.

Our next Expo is Saturday 20th September 2008... All other details remain the same.

If you are in Ipswich, come and check us out.

From Micky
:+
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi All,

Just a reminder about The Handmade Expo - 20 September.... :+

And don't forget your can camp at the Ipswich Showgrounds for $15.50 per night, I am sure they would love to have you and then you can just walk up to the pavilion from there...

Hope to see you there.

Micky
The Handmade Expo :lol:
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Might go up to Ipswich and have a bit of a look at this on saturday.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:31 pm

Well, another Expo been and gone! What a great turn out - over 1000 people through the door, we are absolutely over the moon. Gypsylady - did you end up making it to the Expo - what did you think? Our next Expo will be on Saturday 18th October, same time, same place - hope to see you there.

Micky
The Handmade Expo ::)
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:20 am

Yes Mickey I did and I must say I was quite impressed and will definitely come along again.

I bought some chocolate fudge from a stall near to the main entrance on the right and it is the best fudge I have tasted in a long time.

I also bought some peanut and honey treats for my fur kids and they just loved them. Just about every member of the family is catered for in one way or another.

Lots of lovely hand made jewellery, baby bits, greeting cards and quite a lot of craft type items as well. In fact there was a lady there demonstarting how to make baubles for jewellery pieces. It was very interesting.

Think I will take my teapot next time and buy a tea cosy for it...just could not decide what size it really was and too many colours to choose from even some made in the xmas tree theme.

The stallholders were all friendly and chatty, it was a great morning. Thank you I will definitely come up again.

Cheers GL
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:52 pm

:hello: GL,

That's fantastic and we always love feedback, be it good or not so good. We look forward to seeing you again and I have to agree, all our stallholders are lovely and we have a wide range to cater for everyone, I even did my own shopping there - I would be crazy not to.

Thanks GL and make sure you tell all your friends... as word of mouth will keep us going.

Micky
The Handmade Expo
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:53 pm

Oh... I forgot to tell you. We have a blog which we keep updated regularly with information and photo's. www.thehandmadeexpo.blogspot.com if you are intersted.

Thanks
Micky
The Handmade Expo
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Thanks Mickey, that is great...I did wonder if there might be a website or something. I will be sure to pass it along.

Cheers Gypsy......
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Looks like a nice day out,especially the home made yummies.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:22 am

And let me say.... there were some delightful treats (even for your fury pooch)! We had cupcake stalls, bikky stalls, fudge stalls - and the list goes on! We even had a lady selling homemade bikkies especially for you dogs, she had an amazing day!

Micky
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:39 pm

Well I went up to the Handmadeexpo again today and I must admit it was not as good as the previous one.

Personally I felt there were too many stalls selling the same or very similar items, not as much variety this time.

I did however again buy some choc fudge (best choc fudge ever), some more treats for my canine girls and some fabulous jams and yes this time I did get my teapot cosy.

Talking to the lady right over the back (Kyalda Country Kitchen from Minden) who had some great jams and she tells me that she does not have a regular spot which is a real shame. She had great products at very reasonable prices, I bought some Rosella and marmalade jams from her.

It seems she grows the fruit on her own property for all her jams.

Cheers....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi,
That's a shame that you didn't think it was as good as the previous Handmade Expo. Our ultimate goal is to have a different variety of stallholders at every Expo - hence the reason why we don't have permanent stallholders. Please don't let this deter you from going to our other Expos as you never know what new and exciting products may pop up.

Thank you for your feedback, it is very much appreciate and taken on board.

Micky
The Handmade Expo
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Postby thehandmadeexpo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:50 pm

Sorry... I thought I would let you know that our next Expo will be same time, same place on Saturday 15th November. Hope to see you there...

P.S... There is only 8.5 weeks until Xmas.... great outlet to spend your money for xmas...
thehandmadeexpo
Boy Scout

Return to Bulletins, Notice or Alerts