Gawler Ranges CP, Wudinna

Gawler Ranges CP, Wudinna

Postby kevin e » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:59 pm

We spent Easter visiting the Gawler Ranges & used this CP as our base, but most of the other campers were travelers going Perth - Adel/East coast. Due to the lack of good rainfall & no mains water, there aren't any lawns, just hard dirt & getting the tent pegs hammered in was hard work. The power & taps (potable bore water) were close to our spot. The CP is clean & tidy. The toilet/shower block was very small (2 en suite type set-ups + 1 toilet cubicle each for male & female), but I never had a problem walking straight into a shower/toilet when needed & as I said, we were there at the busiest time of the year. The camp kitchen was clean & functional, but very basic. It has a free BBQ which worked better than any other free BBQ I've used, a sink, a kettle, tiled bench tops & outdoor seating to eat. There is NOT a shop at the CP & dogs are NOT allowed (they have signs up everywhere telling you "no pets") We were traveling with my in-laws, who slept in a motel unit, which was very clean, roomy & had all the usual TV, fridge, en suite etc. But it was a tad exy at $130 per night. The powered site we used was $28 a night per 2 adults. They also have un-powered sites, an on-site camper bus & a large on-site caravan too (don't know cost of these though) In conclusion; I loved it as a jump off point for 4WD'ing in the Gawler Ranges, it was like returning to an oasis after being out in the dust & flies all day! :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kevin e
Boy Scout

Re: Gawler Ranges CP, Wudinna

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:14 am

Great pics and report Kevin. Gawler ranges is such a lovely area.

Remember to keep an eye on those photo sizes.....640x480 is the best size for message boards.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Gawler Ranges CP, Wudinna

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Enjoyed your report Kevin thanks... :cheers

That camp kitchen although very basic was absolutely spotless....considering the dusty conditions.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to South Australia