Big 4 Port Augusta, SA

Big 4 Port Augusta, SA

Postby homekegger1 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Just thought that I might post a quick note on my thoughts of the weekend I just spent at the Subject camping site.

Firstly, I called and booked 2 days prior to the easter period. Phone manner was very pleasant and with a quick re-shuffle of sites I was fitted in for the weekend.

Upon arrival, I found the staff at the front desk to be helpful and pleasant. I have a camper trailer and I booked an ensuite site. I found the ensuite very clean, and the site rather ample. To my surprise there was also a TV connection, which I did not expect. Which was good for those with TV's. (I had a friend camping there as well with 2 young daughters, so he bought a small TV and was set for the W/E. I also seemed to be place on the next site which worked extremely well.

Facilities on offer were of high standard. There is a TV room with a couple of couches and a TV with Austar(FOXTEL) several BBQ's around the park, free of charge, a games room, with arcade games and table tennis, a camp kitchen with everyhting that you could need to cook up a storm, a laundry to wash all you clothes(I think you need to pay for this) a play ground for the kids and a swimming pool.

There are Cabins with spa's, normal cabins, ensuite powered site, powered sites and non powered sites. It caters for everyone I think.

Throughout my time there I visited the main office several times. It stocks many things including milk, papers, small cans of food and ice. The staff are extremely friendly, and always on hand for a laugh or to lend a hand. They don't stock bread, however this is not a real problem as next door is a 24hr Coles Express/service station. So if they can't provide, then next door should hopefully have you covered.

The area is full of soem fantastic areas to visit. One we visited was Mt Brown. A very nice bush walk.

All in all I must say that our visit was one of the better places I have had the pleasure to stay. Well done to the staff of PA Big 4. I for one will be a returning customer, and I will bring friends.

Cheers

HK
homekegger1
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:54 pm

do you now if they take dogs on a leash?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby homekegger1 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:58 pm

Not this one, however the Top tourist next door does. I found that out after I had paid for this one.

Cheers

HK

p.s.

I can handle my dog on a lead when need be, but he also loves the beach. Too much at times.
homekegger1
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:36 pm

homekegger1 wrote:Not this one, however the Top tourist next door does. I found that out after I had paid for this one.

Cheers

HK

p.s.

I can handle my dog on a lead when need be, but he also loves the beach. Too much at times.

Many thanks for that! Good info ... we have the same issues with our dog re. the beach ... he goes nuts!

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to South Australia