WA, Dongara Denison Caravan Park, Dongara

WA, Dongara Denison Caravan Park, Dongara

Postby markcrook » Fri May 01, 2009 4:54 pm

http://ddbeachholidaypark.com/

We stayed here for two nights on the way up to Kalbarri. What a location…

This is the closest caravan park to the beach in WA! Our tent was 20m from the beach and the beautiful Indian Ocean. Mind you this did have one draw back – sand everywhere!

The park offers en-suite and regular sites for tents and vans, as well as cabins. The sites were very sandy with little grass. The roads were gravel. There is a camp kitchen (which we were right next to) and BBQ areas, also a very well used laundry. There is a kids play area, which was next to the site, and we were reliably informed that it was boring!

The ablutions were modern and well maintained, the only downside was the sand – people did insist in coming straight off the beach into the shower, rather than rinsing off before. I guess that is a downside to being right on the beachfront. Otherwise there was plenty of hot water and nice strong showers.

The site was busy, but little or no noise after 10pm and we were next door to the camp kitchen. The managers were friendly, and on Sunday mornings do free pancakes for all guests – which were excellent.

The benefits – great location, great facilities, pancakes

Downers – sand (but what can you expect)

Would we go again? Yes definitely – loved it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: WA, Dongara Denison Caravan Park, Dongara

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 01, 2009 7:21 pm

Looks like a nice spot also....Thanks Mark

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Western Australia