WA, Murchison Caravan Park, Kalbarri

WA, Murchison Caravan Park, Kalbarri

Postby markcrook » Fri May 01, 2009 4:43 pm

http://www.murcp.com/

We stayed here for five nights over the Easter school holidays.

The park claims to be the most centrally located in Kalbarri – and it is! It is opposite the beach on the estuary; where there is daily Pelican feeding, boat hire, fishing, swimming etc. It is within walking distance of shops, pub etc.

The site was very busy when we were there (as you would hope for the school holidays). There are individually marked out sites some with slabs or shade cloth on the ground, this is mainly as there isn’t very much grass mainly sand. Most of the sites are shaded or partly shaded by trees. Some of the sites on the edge of the park are along side the road, so from our point of view wouldn’t feel very secure. Some of the sites back onto bush land.

The roads through the park are gravel, there is a kids play area, laundry camp kitchen, with fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster and TV and gas BBQ’s through the park. There is also a fish cleaning area.

There are two ablution blocks, one is new and offers individual toilet, sink and shower, and these are nice but could get very hot. The other ablution blocks are older, but well maintained. Both blocks were reasonably clean but could have been done with being cleaned twice a day as the park was full and they were getting a lot of use. I was told there were often queues for the ladies showers and toilets. When it was busy often the water pressure would have difficulty keeping up.

The managers seemed friendly enough, but saying that we didn’t have much to do with them after checking in.

The site did have a 10pm quiet rule and this was enforced but there were a few times we heard teenagers from the site making noise.

The benefits – very central, friendly, shade.

The downside – ablutions could have been cleaned more frequently, lack of grass.

Would we stay there again? I think next time we go to Kalbarri we may try one of the other parks as Tudor Caravan Park appeared a bit better maintained, with grassy sites etc. but is not a centrally located.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Re: WA, Murchison Caravan Park, Kalbarri

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 01, 2009 7:22 pm

WOW...you have been one busy lad Mark....

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Western Australia