WA coast in Dec/Jan

WA coast in Dec/Jan

Postby Bearded shark » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:52 pm

Hi all. I know most of u r not in WA but.......does any1 know of a nice west australian coastal caravan pk preferably with or near a boat ramp, that isn't so far south it's too cold even in summer, so far north it's off peak season, & far enuf from perth to b worth it all?

I was thinking of Esperance but was told it's cold even in dec/jan, so now we r thinking of Bremer bay. I was also thinkin of Kalbarri but was told the wether is humid & rainy in dec/jan.

I'm trying 2 stay away from tiny towns, unless they have a caravan pk that has onsite vans with ensuite or challets within a short distance of tent sites. We will be travelling with others who will b hiring tent sites. Normally we would join them but we will have a 1mth old baby with us so the wife wants (deserves) some creature coforts, the ensuite being a must for the undignifying facts of life that come with childbirth.

Any info or experiences appreciated, thanks.
Bearded shark
Camping King

Postby SOE digital » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:10 pm

Hey mate, which part of the WA coast? As you know, our coast os bloody long ;)
SOE digital
Boy Scout

Postby Troyk » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Check out Scolers profile and go to the weblink.
Never argue with a fool! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

2007 Outlander, 2005 MODCON Redlander, 2003 DMH Overlander and four human Redlanders!
Troyk
Camping Forum trip organiser and all round nice guy

Postby Blue Bravo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:52 pm

Kalbarri has a number of parks that would suit the purpose and has river and surf swimming and fishing. Great attractions such as the Gorge and Rainbow Jungle Parrott Breeding Centre. Good shopping facilities but not a big town. Mrs Bravo and I spent some quality time there on our lap of Oz and it comes up pretty high on the I wouldn't mind going back there list. :?#

You could also consider Cervantes, Jurien Bay etc.

Getting sites in school holidays could be a problem anywhere though, so make your mind up and get in early.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Bearded shark » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Kalbarri north & Esperance south would be the farthest we'd travel. Blue Bravo, what time of yr did u visit kalbarri? I heard that in dec/jan it's either very windy or too hot to b outside. I know wot u mean about school hols....hence y I'm trying 2 organise now :)

Troyk....I love yor avitar, it's hilarious lol. :***
Bearded shark
Camping King

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:12 pm

We were in Kalbari in September and it was windy, bloody windy.
The first afternoon I noticed a lot of the vanners were putting up their annexes and thought the park would be empty next morning - nope just preparing for the evening gale. Great mornings then strong winds. :)
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Bearded shark » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Thanks for your help. Kalbarri has been put to the top of our "yet 2 visit" list, but this yr we have settled on Bremer bay. I will post a review on it early next yr. Now all we need is a gd tent. Pls read thread in 'gear guide', thanks.
A what, a hotel? Waht kind of camper is that?
Bearded shark
Camping King

Postby Scolers » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:45 pm

We went to Kalbarri in April/ May ... was a good time.

Bremer is good but best to stay away from winter to about October ... it's cold and Fudge' windy!

As Troyk said ... click on my www button.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Western Australia