WA - Sterling Range Retreat, Bluff Knoll

WA - Sterling Range Retreat, Bluff Knoll

Postby stevebaz » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:00 am

Some years back my wife and I visited Perth, Oz from the UK and went drive-about down south.

We visited and stayed at a number of places and the three that stand out were: Denmark - a beautfiul cottage on the waters edge, Margaret River - in a cabin on a camp site and The Stirling Range Retreat - just below Bluff Knoll. This was a most memorable, delightful and a truly wonderful experience. Tony and Ayleen Sands, the camp hosts/owners, invited us to their Jan 1st champagne breakfast. The welcome we received was incredible you'd think we were regular neighbours the way we were embraced. It seems it was a regular 1st Jan get together by the locals.
Heidi, a young local bagpiper, played some beautiful numbers. Truly unforgetable.

I recommend folks to visit the Retreat - make a special journey to it. It is in a beautiful location, and the rammed earth chalets are fantastic.

I made a video of our stay there and play it on a regular basis.

I don't know if the Retreat is still run by Tony and Ayleen, if it is, and you go there, give them our love for the fond memories we have of the site and the people we met. I can't e-mail them because their e-mail address no longer works.

It is well worth a visit.

cheers

Steve
stevebaz

Postby Blue Bravo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:21 pm

The Stirling Ranges are pretty special. Mrs Bravo and I were there in 2005 and the wildflowers were in bloom. :grin:
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Western Australia