vic - Big4 Bendigo

vic - Big4 Bendigo

Postby sazzle » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Just returned home from a fantastic week in Bendigo.
The site is superb, can't rate it highly enough.
We took our 3yr old and 18month old and our massive tent (Oztrail Villa).
The site ran craft activities for the kids throughout the week (not ours as they were too young but the neighbours - 6 & 10yr old were impressed), free pancake mornings. Brand new playground- suits young and old, massive jumping pillow, toddler playroom (all brand new, clean, working toys!!), games room, toy library that you could loan a huge range of board games and toys from.
A real bonus was that the sites were huge, we were a bit anxious about being packed in like sardines over easter but each site was really quite large and we never felt closed in, even when the site was pretty full. Also, the campsite itself is quite small so there was never a queue for any of the facilities (everything was spotless).
The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Locally there are a few milk bars and a bottle shop within walking distance. Bendigo itself is a short drive away (5mins). We had a lovely time visiting the many playgrounds and parks in the city, plus there are a few local attractions worth a trip. We thoroughly enjoyed Confectionery Capers, an odd sort of moving, musical, literary amusement lolly shop. The tourism guide doesn't really sell it well and to be honest we wouldn't have gone if our neighbours hadn't raved about it. It would appeal to kids 18months- 8yrs(ish) plus adults travelling without kids (mainly teenagers just wouldn't get it!), I don't think I can quite describe it how it is as it's certainly unique but worth a visit nevertheless!! There are many art galleries and gardens around that are worth a look too.
The only downside to the site was that the pool isn't heated, the weather was lovely but the pool practically had a layer of ice on it!
sazzle

Re: vic - Big4 Bendigo

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 am

I love hearing 'happy camper' stories....any pics sazzle??

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Victoria