RIVERLANDER CP, ECHUCA VIC......

RIVERLANDER CP, ECHUCA VIC......

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:02 pm

BEWARE !!!!!!
We didn't actually stay at this park but I had booked it earlier in the year from the brochure and the website. ::()
It looked nothing like the pictures. We were under no grand illusions, we knew we had booked two unpowered campsites down by the river but it was just a big dusty paddock and access to the river wasn't great, not like the pictures in the brochure anyway.
It was full of yobbos with tents just all over the place no order at all. First in best dressed (as the lady at reception said) some people had their little three man tent set up in a site big enough to fit our camp in twice but because it was in the middle no one could set up around them, or their firebuckets and empty and half full bottles of spirits.Not to mention the yobbo that got out of his car when we had pulled up to find a site and check the paddock out swearing his head off at his missus in front of all our kids :-bang :evil: :twisted: (who have heard swearing before but not this aggressive) No order at all, we just thought for around $100 for 3 nites it might have been more ordered and being in a Caravan park with cabins and permanents I had expected a bit more than what we got. We were very disappointed (me especially as I had booked all the accom and felt responsible). The other couple got the brochure out of my car to have another look and were shocked. ::() This was not the place we wanted to see the New Year in with 5 kids.
We got on our mobiles and rung all the parks in Echuca with no luck, then we got lucky with Tongala CP ::) in between Shepparton and Echuca which could give us two powered grassed sites for the three nites we had booked at the Riverlander. We got a refund so we didn't lose any money but it put a bit of a downer on our holiday for the day and I was a little upset but got over it when we got to Tongala.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: RIVERLANDER CP, ECHUCA VIC......

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Looks like you made a really good decision there xmasbaby67 and smart thing to have a look first.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Lost Man » Tue May 11, 2010 5:27 pm

I think I saw this place. We where hiring a house boat an i needed to buy some cigarettes and apparently it had a small Kiosk that sold ciggies. We had to walk up a long track and was came to a paddock with tents and a few cabbins. It seemmed like more of a consentration camp. it was about 5Kms down river. It was horrible!
Lost Man
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Tue May 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Brochures and websites can give such an artifical view of places....so much for the saying 'a picture is worth a thousand words'....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed May 12, 2010 11:25 am

Yep Lostman it was totally revolting....shanty town came to mind & in the middle of NOWHERE!!! The phamplets and website are EXTREMELY deciving.... cant actually get onto their website anymore?????? :roll:

Stayed at Tongala instead and it was beautiful, not real flash but had everything we needed and the owners were just lovely and in the process of doing the park up and had completed the new camp kitchen and were doing the amenities next.

Would like to go back there one day, Tongala that is :lol:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Victoria