Mullaley“Welcoming, friendly, clean spot to spend the night”

Mullaley“Welcoming, friendly, clean spot to spend the night”

Postby jason r » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:26 pm

“Welcoming, friendly, clean spot to spend the night”

I just want to let travellers know about a great little town “Mullaley NSW” I found between Coonabarabran and Gunnedah.

I camped next to the newly opened Caribou Emporium in the centre of the village; this was a quaint little shop that stocked not only food and drinks but also camping and outdoors equipment.

The atmosphere of the village and proprietors of Caribou Emporium was nice, friendly and helpful, I camped on a clean, friendly, family-oriented site situated on a quarter acre next to the shop. The price was fantastic, “free”. Yep the proprietors let travellers pitch a tent on their land free.

You have access to free internet via satellite in the shop, you can choose from a shady site, or one with more sun, pet friendly and the shop lets you have access to water and power. While you are there you can take part in village social activities or just relax and do nothing, there is even a small blow up wading pool and if you like a game, a horseshoe pit.

It’s like turning a page back 40 years with old style hospitality, No one cared that i borrowed a few chairs and met up with some other great people from overseas travelling Australia, we had our own quiet al fresco dinner at the end of the day.

The warm welcome i got set the tone. The camp site was clean and a good size, great hospitality, I will definitely stay there again as I am passing through Mullaley.
(A thank you to the proprietors of the Caribou Emporium, Mullaley NSW).

jj.
jason r

Re: Mullaley“Welcoming, friendly, clean spot to spend the night”

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Sounds fantastic jj.....am definitely putting it in my travel book, thank you.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to NSW