QLD - Gin Gin Showgrounds

QLD - Gin Gin Showgrounds

Postby Lockyer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 pm

The entry is via King Rd at the northern end of the town, there are plenty of powered sites and 2 toilet blocks that are clean and tidy, there are sign's as you enter the showgrounds directing you to the caretakers caravan - lovely people, costs are $15 a night for a powered site, I found a price list at the toilet block/showers and now understand why the lady came and looked at our camper, they charge per lenght of van/camper/bus/ etc etc so it starts at $15 and went up, now unpowered is "$2 less" and there are extra fee's for horses and dogs etc etc, fee's are for 2 people with extra costs per person depending on age.
You are allowed to have dogs there and they must be on a leash at all times, you can take ya horse as well, it's a bit of a walk to town, not to far, we found it easier to drive with my bad back.

You hear alot of traffic noise up untill 9pm-ish and was queit after that, and someone packed up there van early (3am) which we heard but you got to expect that.
Was a nice spot to do an overnighter

Cheers

SAM_0135.JPG

SAM_0134.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lawrence
You don't have to live forever.....you just have to live.
Lockyer
Camping Veteran

Re: QLD - Gin Gin Showgrounds

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks for the report Lawrence.

A fee for dogs hey.....not for me thank you.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: QLD - Gin Gin Showgrounds

Postby Rosco1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:40 pm

Fee for Dawgs......omg........

Teach me to have a ''Long'' one......Wonder what the charge is for a ''23footer''... :beer :beer :beer

Cheers
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Queensland