Lake Boondooma

Lake Boondooma

Postby doakley » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:05 am

Has anyone been here? We are looking for somewhere to go for about a week or so after New Year. We have a 2wd car, camper trailer, 3 kids (12, 5 & 2) and a happy, camping friendly dog.

This looks good on the website, but would really like some to hear from the many knowledgeable people here about what it is really like! ;)

Many thanks in advance!
doakley
Boy Scout

Re: Lake Boondooma

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Probably too late now....but I did not like the place. Too many people, too much noise and all on a slope. Have a look a Yallakool as it has reopened and IMO is a better campground and has a swimming pool.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby doakley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Thanks Gypsylady!

Not too late at all! Will check out Yallakool .
doakley
Boy Scout

Postby Bruce S » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Its a good spot, well set up well maintained and can get a bit busy on long weekends and easter but all good spots are. New people running the site now fire wood was free but now you have to pay for it and the wood is over priced as its just scraps from a local timbermill, so might pay to take your own, good clean ammenities, pets are alowed, everything what you need is there apart from no pub haha. only realy negative thing i can say is it wouldnt hurt for someone to grade the tracks through the camp ground, some places a 4WD is almost needed.
Bruce S

Postby stevo. » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Bruce!!!!!! what was the water quality like? much action on the fishing front? :cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Return to Queensland