Neurum Creek Bush Retreat QLD

Re: Neurum Creek Bush Retreat QLD

Postby stevo. » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Part of the fun and experience of camping when you're a kid is the walk to the toilet. It's about the only time you get to escape from your parents, wonder around and meet other kids.

Part of the fun and experience of camping when you're an adult is the walk to the toilet. It's about the only time you get to escape from your partner, friends, kids, and wonder around and meet new people and have a chat.

:cheers
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Breidimac » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Love it Stevo!

Wherever we go we always take out porta potty with us for the kids, mainly for night time use. We have three kids and it usually takes a week to fill, we just empty it at a dump point on the way home.

Otherwise i don't know, personally i wouldn't take the risk.
Breidimac

Postby Wrecksie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 pm

good points - thanks guys

if we take the porta potty its only for those night time #1's anyway so shouldn't fill up too much by the time we are ready to come home. We'll be heading off a drive into Kilcoy at some stage and I know where the dump point is there so should be cool.

anyway hope you all have a great Easter where ever you end up
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby graeme m » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:10 pm

I will be very interested to read about your easter camping trip wrecksie. I used to work there and know it can be extremely busy and the owners can get very testy with all the "wingers".
Also there is no dump point at Woodford only Kilcoy. The reason you can't dump porta pottie left overs is that they have chemicals in them and as the toilets are naturally composted it can adversley affect the fragile composting system.
graeme m

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Goodo Graeme, glad to have you on board....now wrecksie has to do the right thing...ha, ha.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Wrecksie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:35 pm

Hey all

we didn't end up taking the porta potty - apart from the fact we could not be bothered with the hassle of dumping in Kilcoy we really didn't have any room left in the trailer for it anyway (why is it every year I say we need to take less stuff camping only to find we end up taking more??)

As for Neurum Creek -- we enjoyed our time there especially the weather this year with only a couple of light sprinkles of rain. It was busy, which we expected but we had a great spot - quite private compared to many and had heaps of space for 2 tents, a caravan and a camper trailer, 5 cars and a 28 ft tarp. We liked the coffee van in the mornings and the giveaway limes at the office (good for the Carona's). Didn't have much to do with the people running the place other than checking in and buying a bag of ice but they seemed nice enough. They reckon they had about 1000 people there this Easter.

The bush walks up the mountain were good and the tracks had been recently cleared. We had our daily visitors of goannas of different sizes wandering through the campsite quite undeterred by us. Several of our group spotted snakes of different varieties on the way to the toilet blocks. We also went for a few drives along the road past the entrance to the camping ground and up through the National park. Was very impressed with the quality of the dirt roads there. Obviously been doing a fair bit of work on them in the last couple of months but having only a pretend 4wd (Holden Captiva) I appreciated the efforts there.

2 gripes I had -- one was the showers or more importantly people who don't give a damn that Easter is a busy time and still insist on taking 20 minutes in the showers --at one stage the line up for the womens showers had 15 people in it. As a result the Mens showers became Unisex most afternoons. Perhaps some signs reminding people of having short showers would be a good idea.

2nd gripe was dog related. There was a large amount of dogs there and all pretty well behaved with the owners taking well care of them. Unfortunately we had a group near us with 3 dogs, one of which barked at everything that moved all day and night. We felt quite sorry for the dog as the owners whacked it all the time to quieten it down. It looked like a fairly young dog so probably just needs better training but not sure hitting it all the time is the way to train it. I don't own a dog so not sure what the right thing would have been to do but if they know their dog was like that then maybe it would have been better for the dog to not have brought it when it was so busy there.

apart from those 2 little things we would be happy to go back there again as long as we could get the same spot again

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:38 pm

Where's the pics wrecksie??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Previous

Return to Queensland