Qld - Carnarvon Gorge National Park

Re: Qld - Carnarvon Gorge National Park

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:37 am

CQCapricorn wrote:Unfortunately as you may already know the QPWS have very strict rules regarding domestic pets.....NO PETS, and even though Takarakka are not situated in the Carnarvon National Park, they are located right next door, and the National Park actually backs onto the property.

That same rule does not apply to Cania Gorge. There is a CP right on the border at Cania Gorge which allows pets. In fact you walk through their gate straight into the NP.

It seems some areas are more strict with their rules than others.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby CQCapricorn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:59 pm

That same rule does not apply to Cania Gorge. There is a CP right on the border at Cania Gorge which allows pets. In fact you walk through their gate straight into the NP.

It seems some areas are more strict with their rules than others.

[/quote]

The rules tend to reflect the 'Management Plan' for each National Park. The plans tend to vary depending on a whole range of management issues, such as weed control, ferral animals, funding, capital works, number of visitors etc etc.

The CP you are talking about allows dogs on strict conditions, which largely reflect their location next to a NP.
CQCapricorn
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:14 pm

CQCapricorn wrote:
The CP you are talking about allows dogs on strict conditions, which largely reflect their location next to a NP.

The CP I am referring to at Cania Gorge was no more strict with their conditions than any other CP I have been to. In fact I found them to be very laid back.

They even allowed the use of a gennie for a restricted time during the day after inclement weather that lasted for 3 days.

This is now really a thread hijack as it is no longer about Carnarvon Gorge so I will cease my comments re pet friendly camping and what restrictions might or might not be imposed in various places.

Sorry again for the thread hijack....

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby New to camping » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:49 am

I am considering taking the kids to either Canarvon or Cania during the June school holidays. Is Canarvon worth the extra two hours drive? What are the main differences? Thanks. :?:
New to camping
Boy Scout

Previous

Return to Queensland