First Time campervanner

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Motorhomes & Campervans. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

First Time campervanner

Postby Marc G » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Hello all,
Just bought a 1986 Jayco Swan Campervan to take the family camping
We opened it up today to check things like the fridge, stove, oven, etc
Some questions
Anyone know how the LIDO gas oven works
As in how do you light it
Also where does the 12 volt power supply come from as there is no battery on the van so i guess it comes from the trailer plug
Anyone got a wiring diagram for this model
All help appreciated
Marc
Marc G

Re: First Time campervanner

Postby stevo. » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 am

Welcome to the site Marc!

Would the gas oven have an auto self igniter thing, like push a button and it goes click click to make a spark? Just guessing.

If it doesn't come with a battery, you could install a battery in to it, and then put some Anderson Plugs connecting the van to the car for charging when you hook up and leave home. Remember to isolate the cars battery when you're at your destination so you don't end up with a flat car battery. (this is a very basic outline, you can get all kinds of second battery kits and systems for vehicles depending on your needs. I have a pretty basic isolator switch in my vehicle, cost about $60 and dsiconnects when the ignition is off, but you can spend heaps of fancy systems which may or may not be necessary)

You could also get a solar panel to charge the battery when at your distination.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Return to Motorhomes & Campervans